Pinnacle’s LRC Capabilities04-03-2021
Today marks 2021 World Book Day, an annual event promoting the enjoyment of reading and how every child deserves access to books. To celebrate this important day, we want to share our favourite LRC projects that have helped children find a space where they can read, socialise and develop.
Learning Resource Centres provide a central hub for learning, research and study and are becoming increasingly important in the modern learning environment. Our innovative schemes focus on attracting pupils to use their LRC or library and enable the space to be used flexibly.
In this blog, we highlight some key features of LRC’s and how they can add value to the space and examples of our previous projects.
TeacherWall is the smart choice for library spaces, combining storage with learning aids and technology to support modern teaching. Teacherwalls have been fitted in libraries to create a space for multiple activities. The units can be customised to a school’s specific requirements such as projectors, sliding drywipe doors and shelving.
The atmosphere of a child’s Treehouse den is recreated in this wonderfully versatile mobile breakout pod. Treehouse seating is a perfect addition to an LRC because they are fun, creative, cosy and safe. The use of natural timber, metal support frame and high-performance acoustic upholstery make Treehouse unique and striking. They are available in multiple variations incorporating designs with pouffes, desks, and TV mounting brackets.
Storage is critical in modern libraries; schools need units that are flexible to configure to the space. We offer plenty of storage solutions for books with straight, curved and mobile units. As a manufacturer, we can also offer bespoke library furniture for projects where that extra impact is required.
Our Key LRC Projects
Over the years, we have created a range of inspiring learning spaces for pupils and staff, perfect nooks and crannies to settle down with a good book and larger, flexible areas suitable for group work or self-directed learning.
- As trusted partners of Weydon MAT, Pinnacle created inspiring science laboratories, classrooms, LRC and changing rooms that was consistent with the design scheme across the schools
- In the LRC, we created a colourful and practical space with a variety of study zones. We included multiple seating options such as the Treehouse which provides a comfortable nook for collaboration and Sculpt seating that doubles up as a bookcase for a creative storage solution.
- We also selected Feast tables with power and seating, so students had the best accessibility.
- Completed the fit-out for their newly built 3-storey building, Beech Court.
- On the 1st floor, we created a modern Library with a range of smart, innovative products included Quattro curved library units, individual study booths, a TeacherWall and a Treehouse.
- The space can be used for multiple activities such as self-directed learning which will help to bridge the gap between secondary and further education.
- Transformed their newly built Sixth Form Centre into a functional, refreshing space that complemented the contemporary feel of the environmentally sustainable building.
- The Centre consists of mainly open plan areas with an eclectic mix of glass and wood
- For the library, we provided soft seating in a combination of blue, green and grey fabrics, with wooden coffee tables.
If you would like to view more of our LRC projects, browse our case studies here.
To speak to a member of our friendly team, call us on 020 8641 4444 or fill in a contact form here.